Return to Play
Can all members please view the attached document for our regulations for return to play.
Volleyball Australia Level 1.
- The candidate must be at least 12 years old to be eligible for this accreditation.
- Be a registered member of your State Volleyball Association.
- Complete the Play by the Rules Child Protection and Harassment & Discrimination Online Courses.
- Complete the online Volleyball Australia Level 1 Referee course.
Gympie Volleyball Association is looking to extend the number and quality of our referees.
Firstly, we would like to thank everyone for their support to date in implementing our interim measures in relation to COVID-19.
We have continued to review the government advice in this area, and the guidance provided by Volleyball Australia and other sporting bodies. We understand that Volleyball Queensland has postponed a number of its competitions, including PVL, to later in the year.
We have made the decision to suspend all fixtures (open comp on Thursday, Women’s comp and training on Tuesday) with immediate effect.
This is not a decision we have made lightly, but do so in the interests of complying with government restrictions, and with the health and wellbeing of our members and their families in mind.
We hope to be in a position to recommence our programs and activities in the near future, and will provide updates on this when we can. In the meantime, please stay safe, healthy, and fit, and ready to play when we recommence.
- cleaning hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs
- covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing
- avoiding contact with anyone who has symptoms such as fever, a cough, sore throat, fatigue, and shortness of breath
- staying home if you are unwell
M10 Yellow v Staminadors-Duty-Family Ties Ref= Matthew Harris
Family Ties v Can U Dig It-Duty- Staminadors Ref= Byannkah Knight
Dingoes v Radiology-Duty-Can u dig it Ref= Luna Simon
Incredibles v Gym. High-Duty- M10 Blue Ref= Brooke Fanshaw
M10 Blue v CCC-Duty-Hookers Ref = Ryan Hodge
Bye-Sugar & Spike
Punjabi Flabi v Hookers Duty:Hit That Ref:Daniel
Downy Dingoes v Outlawz Duty:Family Ref:Rosemary Richards
Caito's Potatoes v Hit That Duty: Punjabi Ref: Neil Drescher
Setting Ducks v Gym. High Duty:CCC Ref: Matthew Harris
M10 yellow v Can U Dig It Duty: Staminadors. Ref: Deanne
Radiology v M10 Blue Duty: Stealers Ref: Natalie Elysse Rose Hobdell
The 2020 AGM is on the 13th February 2020 at 5:30pm.
By our Constitution we require representatives from 15 teams to be present at the meeting.
Gympie Volleyball's Annual General Meeting is to be held at 5:30pm the 13th Ferbuary 2020 at the Gympie Pavilion Conference & Reception Centre. “Two premiership points will be awarded to each team for a member present at each Gympie Volleyball Meeting”, as per our bylaws. I highly encourage all members to be present.
Gympie Regional Council has engaged an external consultant to undertake a detailed feasibility assessment for the development of a multipurpose indoor sports facility within the Gympie region. The draft feasibility assessment and concept plan has been received and Council is now seeking feedback on the level of community support for the development of the proposed facility.
The draft concept plan has been developed to allow for expansion of a 3-court (Stage 1) to a 5-court facility (Stage 2) should demand exist.
- 3 multipurpose sports courts including ancillary player/umpire amenities, first aid, storage and spectator seating
- Commercial leisure space including multipurpose areas for fitness classes, dance, martial arts etc
- Commercial medical suites for rent to a range of health and well-being practitioners including physiotherapists, chiropractors, nutritionists etc
- Foyer/reception area including public amenities and meeting space
- External infrastructure including car parking, pathways and landscaping
- 2 multipurpose courts including ancillary player amenities, storage and spectator seating
Click here to view the draft Feasibility Assessment Overview
Click here to view the draft Concept Plan
Click here to Have Your Say
Finals Draw - 28/11/2019
Dropkicks v Sugar and Spike
Duty - Mitre 10
Scorer - Tessa W
1st Ref - Daniel W
2nd Ref - Reuben
Downey Dingoes v Can You Dig It
Duty - Staminadors
Scorer - Colleen G
1st Ref- Neil D
2nd Ref - Russell M